Dear St. Edward School Families,
Here are some reminders for the week:
- Follow St. Edward School on Twitter @StEdwardChi. The classrooms will be tweeting regularly throughout the school year to give you an inside glimpse of all the awesome lessons and activities going on at St. Edward’s.
- We are looking for volunteers to help host our Welcome Wednesdayprospective family tours. Help us showcase St. Edward School! Volunteers will assist with the registration desk and mingle with prospective families from 8:30 to 10:30 AM on the second Wednesday of the month. Click here to volunteer!
- Back to School Night for grades 6th-8th will be this Thursday, September 6 from 7-8:40 PM. Begin in your student’s homeroom at 7 PM and then follow his/her schedule for the evening. This is a parent only informational event.
- Individual Student Reports for last spring’s ACT Aspire summative tests are now accessible on PowerSchool for this year’s 4th-8th graders. Click here for instructions on how to access the report.
- The parish is looking for volunteers for the Harvest Bash on September 29. Please click here to volunteer!
- Returning scouts and any children interested in joining St. Edward’s Cub Scout Pack 3904 are invited to attend an informational meeting and our first Pack Night of the year on Friday, September 21 from 7:00-8:00 PM in Unity Hall. Cub Scouts is open to children in Grades 1-5, and you can start in any grade. Please arrive early if you are interested in joining to ask questions and get registration information.
- Theater group will meet and dismiss in front of the rectory this Friday, September 7 due to the construction in the gym. Rehearsal will take place in Unity Hall from 3-5 PM.
- Gym Floor Update: In June, the old gym floor was removed and the gym underwent asbestos abatement. After the gym was cleared of asbestos, it was discovered that the concrete base was not level due to moisture in the concrete. Because the scope of the work changed, new paperwork and bids had to be obtained in order to continue with the project. Work on the gym floor should begin again this week with the leveling of the concrete followed by the installation of the new floor. Unfortunately, the project is costing more than originally anticipated in both time and money. We are looking forward to being able to use the gym again for PE classes and other activities.
Come out this Saturday for the Big Red football season opener at Gompers Park beginning at 10:30 AM with JV and Varsity playing at noon.
Click here for the e-backpack link with more information.
Mrs. Polli’s mother passed away last week. I know that the thoughts and prayers of the school community are with her during this difficult time. The funeral Mass will be this Friday in Arlington Heights. For more information, please click here.
Please contact the office with any questions.
Let’s have the faith to move mountains this year! St. Edward, pray for us!
Mrs. Sara Lasica, Principal