Reminder to turn in presale ONLY event forms for Santa’s Breakfast (9:30am seating nearly sold out!) and Trivia Night (only 12 tables left!). Don’t miss out on these great St. Edward traditions! Forms posted below.
Picture Retake Day. We have scheduled the photographer for Tuesday, November 14th at 8:15 AM. Students having retakes or were absent on the original day may “dress up” on Tuesday. If your child is having a retake, please send the original picture package to the school office.
Letter from Dr. Riggs regarding the IL Scholarship Fund for private school students. Invest In Kids Act – Click Here
Save the Date: Big Red Auction is Saturday, April 21st. Theme is Big Rad 80’s. Take advantage of our early bird BIG RED RAFFLE ticket sale: buy 3 get 1 free until Dec 1st. Buy NOW – online! Early bird drawing of $250.00 on 12/3/17 at Santa’s Breakfast and 1/28/17 at Discovery Sunday.
Ticket cost: $50
Grand prize: $5,000 cash or one full parishioner* tuition credit
First prize: $2,500 cash
Second prize: $1,000 cash
Seller of the grand prize ticket wins: $500 cash
SEPO Meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 14th, 7:30pm (lower church hall) The meeting is a great opportunity to stay in touch with what is happening around school, events coming up for our community and chances for you to contribute. Stop by! Your attendance guarantees your child(ren) a NUT card.
Save the Date: St. Edward Boy Scout Troop 904. Annual all-you-can-eat pasta dinner. Saturday, November 18th, 4-8pm in Buckley Hall. Flyer with details posted below.
Community Dining Days:
Thursday, Nov. 16th @ Portillo’s (7308 W. Lawrence, Harwood Heights location) from 5pm to 8pm. Show this flyer in person, on smartphone or mention the school at check out. If you are going through the drive through please mention to the first person taking your order. Link also available at online school calendar.
Tour Tuesday, Nov. 14th – Help us by volunteering or sharing the information:
- Won’t you help us with Tour Tuesday? Join us in welcoming prospective families! Volunteers are needed from 8:30 to 10:30 on the second Tuesday of the month to work the registration desk and mingle with prospective families (coffee and donuts are served!)
- Sign Up for our Upcoming Tour Tuesday on November 14th: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0944A9A72AA4F85-tour
- Can’t volunteer? Please help share the Tour Tuesday message via social media, share the flyer (posted below) and dates of upcoming Tour Tuesdays (11/14, 12/12 and 2/13) with family, friends, neighbors and your community organizations.
YOUTH PROGRAM NEWS:
- Girls Basketball Playoffs: Congrats to all our Girls teams on advancing in playoff bracket play. Kudos to our 5th graders as NWCC Champions. Check out all the great pictures on the Big Red Nation Facebook page!
- This month’s IAHC (Irish American Heritage Center) Pub Quiz (trivia) Night is a benefit for the St Edward Youth Program.
- Come on out and warm up your trivia chops for the big St Ed’s event in January by competing and supporting a great cause. It’s local, it’s fun, and the Guinness is frothy-delish.
- The fun starts Friday, 11/17/17 at 8pm. Tables (of 6 players max) are only $60, and you can bring your own snacks, but no meals or restaurant food. The IAHC kitchen will be open for late diners. To reserve a table, click here:
Saturday, November 11, we will celebrate the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick at our 5:30 pm Vigil Mass. All those who are baptized and suffering in mind, body, or spirit are welcome to receive this Sacrament of healing. This is not a Sacrament for the dead nor is it reserved for those who are actively dying. The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick is open to all baptized Catholics who are suffering in mind, body, or spirit. Please come and receive God’s healing grace on Saturday.
Come to France with Fr. Dom! Fr. Dom is leading a pilgrimage to France April 9 – 17, 2018. Join Fr. Dom and fellow parishioners on this amazing opportunity that for some will be a once in a lifetime experience. We will visit beautiful sites and cities such as Lourdes, Avingon, Paris, and the locations of famous saints such as St. John Vianney (Ars), the Little Flower (Lisieux), and Margaret Mary Alacoque (Paray Le Monial). Contact Fr. Dom today for more information by calling (773)545-6496 or e-mail FatherDominicClemente@gmail.com.
Santa’s Breakfast Form
TRIP Form 2017 Fall v4
2017 Pasta Dinner BSA 904 Flier
Portillo’s Community Days Flyer for Nov. 16th
Tour Tuesday November Flyer
Lunchroom Fees Letter Due 10012017
Liturgy Schedule 2017-2018
2017-2018Creative Corner/After School RegistrationForm
2017-2018Creative Corner ParentLetter
Family Directory Info Form
Tuesday, Nov. 14th: Tour Tuesday
Tuesday, Nov. 14th: Picture Retake Day
Tuesday, Nov. 14th: SEPO Meeting, 7:30pm
Thursday, Nov. 15th: Community Days @ Portillo’s, 5 – 8pm
Friday, Nov. 17th: IAHC Pub Trivia benefitting Youth Sports Program
Saturday, Nov. 18th: Boy Scout Pasta Dinner
Wednesday, Nov. 22nd – Friday, Nov. 24th: Thanksgiving Break