- Early Dismissal: Friday, May 4th/Grandparents’ Day
- No School: Monday, May 28th/Memorial Day
- Have you registered yet for the 2018 – 2019 school year? We still have quite a few current families that have not completed registration paperwork. Please note that our PreK classes are almost full. click here for the registration form 2018-2019
- Tuesday, May 8th at 7:30pm. SEPO Meeting. Final meeting of the year will discuss school budget for the 2018-2019 school year. Bring appetizers/dessert to pass, BYOB as we celebrate the final meeting of the year.
- Thursday, May 10th at 7pm…..St. Ed’s Talent Show…our kids got talent! Guaranteed to be a great time. Flyer posted below with details.
- Saturday, May 12th – Willy Wonka, Spring School Theatre performance / Flyer posted below with performance times by cast.
- Save the Date for the annual Art & Academic Fair, Thursday, May 24th, 7-9pm in Buckley Hall. Come out and see art projects and classroom projects on display that have been done throughout the 2017 – 2018 school year.
- St. Patrick’s High School is hosting Camp Invention for kids entering K-6, July 30 – August 3, 2018 from 8:30a.m. – 3:00p.m. Explore, Design, Build. Flyer posted below. Click here to see all of the summer camps St. Pat’s has to offer.
Register Now for the Big Red Run-click here: Saturday, May 19, 2018. Race begins 8:30am. All proceeds to benefit: St. Edward School, The Vietnam Veteran Of America Chapter #242 Chicago & Juvenile Diabetes. REGISTER by MAY 2nd to guarantee T-shirt size. New design for 2018!
Community Days: Come out to cheer on the Chicago Fire professional soccer team on Sunday, May 20, 3pm. Join other St. Edward families at Toyota Park for a discounted price. Corner kick seats are available for $30 each, and discounted parking is available for $15. Orders for the 5/20 game are due on Tuesday, May 8 to Kate Kinne, via Bennett in Room 202. Your tickets will be delivered at school in advance of the game. Complete the attached flier (click here) to attend. Questions? Email Kate at email@example.com.
Please consider taking a moment to make a donation to this year’s Fund-A-Need. With your help we can continue the process of improving Buckley Hall for our School and our Community. 2018 Fund a Need Appeal Letter and Donate NOW – click here.
- This year we are continuing the process of renovating Buckley Hall with a goal of updating the sound and lighting systems. I’m sure you’ve all had the chance to experience the muffled voices during trivia night or during one of our kids plays. Even at the Big Red Auction we needed to rent equipment in order to have decent sound. With your help we will be able to work with sound and stage specialists to begin updating and repairing these systems so Buckley Hall can be an even greater asset.
YOUTH PROGRAM NEWS:
Loyola Academy is hosting their 9th Annual Spring Boys Basketball Jamboree on May 12th 12:30-3PM. It is an excellent day of skill development and basketball. Flyer attached below.
Registration now open for the following programs (flyers posted below):
- Softball: 7th & 8th Grade boys.
- Intramural Basketball: Girls & Boys, 3rd – 8th Grade
- T-ball: Registration: Girls & Boys, 3yr – 6 yr old
Congratulations to the Inaugural Track & Field Team. They have done great at Meets with a few 1st place finishes and many top 10 finishes. See results from Sunday’s Meet at Loyola hosted by QAS – click here.
Save the Date(s):
- Father Mike’s Retirement Mass and Celebration: Sunday, June 3rd, 11am Mass
- Sister Marie Michelle’s Retirement Mass and Celebration: Sunday, June 10th, 11am Mass
St. Edward Parish Book Club: Join our Book Club! “The Long Loneliness”, An Autobiography by Dorothy Day. First meeting will be May 15th. All Book Club meetings are held in the Rectory Hall from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. For more details – click here.
CAMP INVENTION at St. Pat’s
Spring Boys Basketball Jamboree 2018
Spirit Weeks 2018
Musical Theatre – Willy Wonka Performance, May 12th
St Eds T-Ball 2018 Registration Flyer
2018 SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE Form
Big Red Run Waiver and BigRed Run Registration Form
Girls Sports Recognition flyer2018
Windy City Theatre Parent Reps_intro letter
SMM – 2018 – Announcement
TRIP form 2018 Winter v1 (updated)
Pre-Registration Letter 2018
Pre-registration form 2018-2019
Lunchroom Fees Letter Due 10012017
Liturgy Schedule 2017-2018
2017-2018Creative Corner/After School RegistrationForm
2017-2018Creative Corner ParentLetter
Family Directory Info Form
- Grandparents’ Day, May 4th, Early Dismissal
- Flower Sale (May 4th & 5th) following Grandparents Day celebration, 10am – 1pm AND Saturday, 9am-12pm
- Girls All Sports Recognition Night, May 4th, 7-10pm (gym)
- SEPO Meeting, May 8th, 7:30pm (Lower Church Hall)
- Talent Show, May 10th, 7pm (Buckley Hall)
- Willy Wonka, May 12th (performance times vary by cast)
- Spring Program, May 16th, 7pm
- New Family Night, May 17th, 6:30-8:30pm
- Big Red Run, May 19th, 8am
- Art & Academic Fair, May 24th, 7-9pm
- Field Day, May 25th
- No School, Memorial Day, May 28th
- Class of 2018 Graduation, May 31st, 7pm
Thank you to our Auction & 5K Sponsors!