Community Days (mark your calendars now):
- 3rd Annual Eve of the Eve Party, Dec. 30th, 8pm – 11pm Join us in celebrating the new year by raising money for St. Edward. Legno @ 4250 N Central Ave. $60 per person. Includes light appetizers and open bar with top shelf liquor, beer and wine. Purchase your tickets by December 28th – click here. A portion of the ticket price will be donated back to the school.
- Jan. 2nd. Potbelly’s 4185 W. Irving Park, 4-7pm. 20% back to the school. No Flyer needed
Jan. 25th. Nick’s Pizza & Pub– 2434 W Montrose, 11am to 10pm. Dine in or Carryout. 25% goes back to the school with flyer (posted below and online calendar).
Movie in the Classroom: Signup Day/Week of December 11th. Price: $40 per classroom. Give your child and his/her entire classroom the opportunity to watch a movie of their choosing (with teacher approval of course) one day the week of Dec 11th! Sign-up Now – click here! (AVAILABLE classrooms – Zimmerman, Depa 3 & 4, Murphy, Mrs. Chun, Wawrzyniak, Weiland, Malecki, Michel, Sr. Shirley, Carabio, Mr. Chun & Sammon)
During this season of giving, we are asking that our students bring an unwrapped toy for either a boy or girl for our sharing parish St. Thomas of Canterbury. Please send them to school by the morning of Friday, December 15th. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
No School Days:
Christmas Break begins on Friday, Dec. 22nd. School resumes on Monday, Jan. 8th.
SEPO has launched a Virtual Garage Sale Facebook page. All proceeds will benefit St. Edward School. Check out the page and become a member.
Trivia Night/Jan. 20th (only 6 tables left!). Don’t miss out on this great St. Edward tradition and support our 8th grade class! Get your order form (posted below) in now.
Big Rad 80’s Auction/Big Red Raffle Tickets: $50 per ticket.
Grand prize: $5,000
1st prize: $1,500
2nd prize: $1,000
Next early bird drawing of $250 on 1-28-18/Discovery Sunday. Early bird winning tickets are still eligible for main drawing at the Auction. Congrats to Judy Christen for wining the 1st Early Bird Drawing on 12/3/17.
$500 cash prize to the seller of the winning grand prize ticket
Receive a family NUT card with purchase of a raffle ticket.
Buy online (click here) or return the tickets previously sent home
Tour Tuesday, Dec. 12th – Help us by volunteering or sharing the information:
- Won’t you help us with Tour Tuesday? Join us in welcoming prospective families! Volunteers are needed from 8:30 to 10:30 on the second Tuesday of the month to work the registration desk and mingle with prospective families (coffee and donuts are served!) Sign Up for our Upcoming Tour Tuesday on December 12th: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0944A9A72AA4F85-tour
- Can’t volunteer? Please help share the Tour Tuesday message via social media, share the flyer (posted below) and dates of upcoming Tour Tuesdays (12/12 and 2/13) with family, friends, neighbors and your community organizations.
YOUTH PROGRAM NEWS:
- Boys Basketball Schedule (Grades 5th-8th):
Dec. 6th vs. IC @ Eds. Games start at 5pm.
Dec. 12th vs. SJ @ SJ. Games start at 5pm.
- 4th Grade (Boys & Girls) Winter league:
Saturday, Dec. 9th/Boys @ 10AM @ Eds vs MSW St. Edwards AND Girls/11AM @ Eds vs. PFGA
- Complete basketball Schedule is available on the school Athletics/Basketball Page – click here.
Advent & Christmas at St. Edward 2017
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8 ~ SOLEMNITY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION (Holy Day of Obligation)
Masses at 6:45, 8:15am, and 7:00pm
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9 ~Amahl & the Night Visitors (a family opera in one act)~7:30pm in Church
MONDAY, DECEMBER 11 ~ PARISH RECONCILIATION SERVICE 7:00pm in Church
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12 ~ FEAST OF OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE ~Mass at 7:00pm
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16 ~ SIMBANG GABI Mass & Dinner at 5:30pm
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 24 ~ FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT Masses at 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00am
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 24 ~ CHRISTMAS EVE
Family Mass at 4:30pm (carols at 4:00pm) Christmas Eve Mass in the Night at 10:30pm MONDAY, DECEMBER 25 ~ CHRISTMAS DAY
Masses at 9:30 & 11:00am
MONDAY, JANUARY 1 ~ SOLEMNITY OF MARY, MOTHER OF GOD Mass at 9:30am
SUNDAY, JANUARY 7 ~ FEAST OF THE EPIPHANY OF OUR LORD Special Baptism Mass at 11:00am
MONDAY, JANUARY 8 ~ FEAST OF THE BAPTISM OF THE LORD Masses at 6:45 & 8:15am
Confessions are available in Church before all Sunday Masses.
Calling all Home Brewers! Are you looking for some people to share your home brew with? Then bring your beer to our second annual Chili Cook Off & Home Brew Festival on Saturday, February 10th. It doesn’t matter if this is your first beer or if you’re a master brewer. All beers and styles are welcome in the Home Brew Festival! So get out your pots, buckets, and mash tuns! Start brewing!
Nick’s Pizza Jan. 25th
Parent Principal Letter – Nov.
December Tour Tuesday
TRIP Form 2017 Fall v4
Lunchroom Fees Letter Due 10012017
Liturgy Schedule 2017-2018
2017-2018Creative Corner/After School RegistrationForm
2017-2018Creative Corner ParentLetter
Family Directory Info Form
Saturday, Dec. 9th: Amahl and the Night Visitors, 7:30pm (church)
Week of Dec. 11th: Movie in the Classroom
Tuesday, Dec. 12th: Tour Tuesday
Wednesday, Dec. 20th: Christmas Program (Grades 2nd & 6th along with St. Edward Orchestra)