My monthly newsletter is posted – click here.
- No School: Friday, April 27th/Teacher Inservice
- Early Dismissal: Friday, May 4th/Grandparents’ Day
- SHOP for gorgeous planters, hanging baskets, ferns and herbs and veggies for the garden. Money raised benefits the Dominican Sisters of St. Edward Convent.
- Friday (May 4th) following Grandparents Day celebration, 10am – 1pm AND Saturday (May 5th), 9am-12pm
- Sale will be held in front of Minim School. There is a limited supply of flowers this year, stop by early!
DEALS ON WHEELS is going virtual!
- Get out to the garage this weekend and clean out your old bikes, wagons, strollers, outdoor toys and/or sporting equipment and list it on SEPO Virtual Garage Sale on Facebook! All sale profits are collected by SEPO to fund events for the kids throughout the year. Make sure you are a part of the group to buy and sell!
- Either donate some baked goods for the Grandparents Day celebration and/or sign up to help with Grandparents Day or the Flower Sale.
Spirit Weeks hosted by Student Council continue with dress up/dress down days on: Thursday, April 26th (Beach Day); Monday, April 30th (PJ Day); Tuesday, May 1st (Twin Day) and Thursday, May 3rd (Homeroom Wars). Flyer with details posted below.
Register Now for the Big Red Run-click here: Saturday, May 19, 2018. Race begins 8:30am. All proceeds to benefit: St. Edward School, The Vietnam Veteran Of America Chapter #242 Chicago & Juvenile Diabetes. REGISTER by MAY 2nd to guarantee T-shirt size. New design for 2018!
Community Days: Come out to cheer on the Chicago Fire professional soccer team on Sunday, May 20, 3pm. Join other St. Edward families at Toyota Park for a discounted price. Corner kick seats are available for $30 each, and discounted parking is available for $15. Orders for the 5/20 game are due on Tuesday, May 8 to Kate Kinne, via Bennett in Room 202. Your tickets will be delivered at school in advance of the game. Complete the attached flier (click here) to attend. Questions? Email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, May 12th – Willy Wonka, Spring School Theatre performance / Flyer posted below with performance times by cast.
Please consider taking a moment to make a donation to this year’s Fund-A-Need. With your help we can continue the process of improving Buckley Hall for our School and our Community. 2018 Fund a Need Appeal Letter and Donate NOW – click here.
- This year we are continuing the process of renovating Buckley Hall with a goal of updating the sound and lighting systems. I’m sure you’ve all had the chance to experience the muffled voices during trivia night or during one of our kids plays. Even at the Big Red Auction we needed to rent equipment in order to have decent sound. With your help we will be able to work with sound and stage specialists to begin updating and repairing these systems so Buckley Hall can be an even greater asset.
The Auction site is still open, so check out the “Buy Now” items that were not purchased on Saturday. Sign up Now at http://SES2018.gesture.com
- In particular, there are three spots available for the Tea Party with Sr. Marie Michelle. In addition, there are spots available for the following adult events:
- Bunco Night on June 6th
Zumba Class in the gym on June 7th
Orange Theory Class and Happy Hour on June 15th
Smoking’ and Brewin’ (guys night out) on June 16th,
The Pub Crawl on June 23rd
Barre Class and brunch on Aug. 19th
Pajama- Mama-Mia (moms’ night out) on Sept. 15th
Adult Pinball party – Date TBD
- Bunco Night on June 6th
Join us for 2018 St. Edward Girls Sports Recognition Night. Friday May 4, 2018 at Buckley Hall. Flyer with details below. Volunteers and RSVP’s needed.
Pass It On Donation Challenge – now through April 30th. Flyer below with details.
Face off your clutter, clear the zone, and clean out your closets! Get the entire family involved in gathering gently-used clothes and household items, then go to any participating Goodwill Store & Donation Center between Saturday, April 1 and Sunday, April 30, 2018 OR Drop-off at St. Ed’s! Simply indicate your school name, city and number of items donated on the slip provided to you by the Goodwill Donation Attendant, and the school with the greatest number of items donated will receive a visit from a Chicago Blackhawks player. It’s that easy! Open to elementary and middle schools in the metropolitan Chicago territory only.
YOUTH PROGRAM NEWS:
Track & Field: April 28th at St. Ignatius and April 29th at Loyola (make up Meet). Congrats to the Team on their 1st meet held on Tuesday, April 24th at Montrose Track. Pictures and final times can be found on the Big Red Nation Facebook page – click here.
Volleyball: Boys semifinal playoff today at SJ vs. SJ, 7:30pm
Registration now open for the following programs:
- Softball: There will be a one day Softball tournament for 7th & 8th Grade boys. Flyer with dates/details posted below
- Intramural Basketball: Flyer with dates/details posted below. Girls & Boys, 3rd – 8th Grade
- T-ball: Registration now open, flyer posted below with details. Girls & Boys, 3yr – 6 yr old
Save the Date(s):
- Father Mike’s Retirement Mass and Celebration: Sunday, June 3rd, 11am Mass
- Sister Marie Michelle’s Retirement Mass and Celebration: Sunday, June 10th, 11am Mass
St. Edward Parish Book Club: Join our Book Club! “The Long Loneliness”, An Autobiography by Dorothy Day. First meeting will be May 15th. All Book Club meetings are held in the Rectory Hall from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. For more details – click here.
Spirit Weeks 2018
Musical Theatre – Willy Wonka Performance, May 12th
St Eds T-Ball 2018 Registration Flyer
2018 SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE Form
Big Red Run Waiver and BigRed Run Registration Form
Pass It On Donation Challenge
Girls Sports Recognition flyer2018
Windy City Theatre Parent Reps_intro letter
SMM – 2018 – Announcement
TRIP form 2018 Winter v1 (updated)
Pre-Registration Letter 2018
Pre-registration form 2018-2019
Lunchroom Fees Letter Due 10012017
Liturgy Schedule 2017-2018
2017-2018Creative Corner/After School RegistrationForm
2017-2018Creative Corner ParentLetter
Family Directory Info Form
- Woodwind, Brass and Percussion Recital, April 25th, 7pm
- No School/Teacher Inservice Day, April 27th
- Grandparents’ Day, May 4th, Early Dismissal
- Flower Sale (May 4th & 5th) following Grandparents Day celebration, 10am – 1pm AND Saturday, 9am-12pm
- Girls All Sports Recognition Night, May 4th, 7-10pm (gym)
- SEPO Meeting, May 8th, 7:30pm (Lower Church Hall)
- Talent Show, May 10th, 7pm (Buckley Hall)
- Willie Wonka, May 12th (performance times vary by cast)
- Spring Program, May 16th, 7pm
- Big Red Run, May 19th, 8am
Thank you to our Auction & 5K Sponsors!