Six for $5.00 (Cash Only)
PURCHASE TICKETS AT
Old Irving Brewing at 4419 W. Montrose
or St. Edward Rectory
Next drawing on Saturday, October 20th, at 9:30 PM
at Old Irving Brewing.
King of Hearts 50/50 Raffle Rules
- “The King of Hearts” is a weekly progressive raffle.
- 54 playing cards including two jokers are placed face down on amounting board ; the cards are numbered one (1) through fifty-four (54) and are sealed to the board.
- Once a card is selected, it will be turned over with the card face up on the board. If the King of Hearts is not selected the game will rollover to the next week. After the drawing, all tickets for that week’s drawing will be destroyed.
- The total prize pool will continue to accumulate weekly until the KING OF HEARTS is drawn. The jackpot amount, based on ticket sales, will be updated and displayed at Old Irving Brewing Co. Updates will also be posted on the parish website each week and on Facebook. A projected amount will be posted online and on posters, etc used for reference based off of the prior weeks sales.
- The first drawing will be Saturday, September 29 at 10:00 pm at St. Ed’s Harvest Bash. The second drawing will be on Saturday, October 6 at 8:30 pm at our Homecoming Party in Buckley Hall and our third drawing will be on Saturday, October 13 at 7:30 pm in Unity Hall at our Feast Day celebration. Only 1 ticket will be drawn each week. Winner need not be present. Thereafter, the drawing will be each Saturday at 9:30 pm at Old Irving Brewing Co. (unless otherwise posted). When the drawing falls on a holiday, we will freeze the drawing until the following Saturday.
- Tickets are 6 for $5, and you can buy as many as you wish. No single tickets will be sold.
- Tickets can be purchased immediately after the drawing up to the time of the next drawing. There can be only one name per ticket. Write your name, telephone number AND the number of the available card. If your name is illegible and missing any of the required information or the number has already been taken, your ticket will be thrown away and a new ticket will be drawn from the drum.
- The ticket holder who selects the King of Hearts is the Grand Prize Winner and will be paid half the pot, or a maximum of $500,000 if the pot reaches one million dollars.
- If a prize of greater than $5,000 is awarded, the winner will need to confirm their identity and SSN number by completing and signing an IRS Form W-9. In addition, IRS requires a withholding of 28% of the winnings less the amount of the wager. Winnings will not be distributed until the W-9 has been completed and signed. If a player is unwilling or unable to provide any of the listed items, the prize money will revert to the parish. This may take up to two weeks.
- A winner cannot donate the prize without first taking ownership of the prize, which means the appropriate W-9 must be issued and the appropriate withholding taken. If a winner then wants to donate the prize he/she can do so.
- Tickets will be available for purchase at Old Irving Brewing Co. everyday beginning at 11am. We will also be selling tickets at various school and parish functions. Ticket sales will END 15 minutes prior to the drawings.
- If you do not agree with the rules of this game at this venue, there is no obligation to play
- The King of Heart’s Committee reserves the right to amend these rules as needed prior to any week’s drawing.