How can I get involved?
Many volunteer opportunities exist for parents/guardians at St. Edward School. From helping out in the classroom and supporting athletic teams to planning fundraising events and welcoming new families, parents can find a volunteer role that suits their interests and their schedule. Our parent volunteers find that not only do they help make St. Ed’s an even better place for their children, they form lasting friendships and in the process become part of the larger St. Edward family. There is no minimum fundraising dollar amount or volunteer hour requirement per family.
Please explore the pages in this section to meet the St. Edward parent community!
It is an Archdiocesan requirement that adults who are around children in our school are required to go through VIRTUS training. This includes eating lunch with your child, visiting the classroom and helping with classroom parties and chaperoning field trips. Our goal is to have every family attend a VIRTUS training session. This is for the safety of your child, as well as all the other children attending our school. You can visit VIRTUS Online by going to www.virtus.org. You must sign up to attend one of these sessions online. Your attendance must be verified before you will be allowed in our classrooms or to chaperone field trips. There are numerous locations in the area offering VIRTUS training. To register for any VIRTUS workshop visit the following link: upcoming VIRTUS sessions in Chicagoland area. St. Edward Virtus Coordinator is Mrs. Deirdre Murray (email@example.com). St. Edward will be hosting a training session in the Fall of 2016, date: TBD.
Like most Catholic schools, we depend on the generosity of our school families and the support of our parish. One of our goals at St. Edward School is to maintain a low cost tuition for our students without jeopardizing the quality of the education it provides to its’ students. We are able to accomplish this in part by holding various fundraisers throughout the school year. The success of our fundraisers have been and continue to be a direct result of people who want to make a difference–through their direct involvement, donations or monetary contributions. If you or someone you know would like to make a difference by pitching in or making a donation, we invite you to be a part of our on-going fundraising efforts.
The monies raised below go to the school operating account:
- Chalk Walk (October): St. Ed’s Walk-a-thon.
- Yankee Candle Sale (Sept/Oct)
- T.R.I.P. (all year long): The Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (T.R.I.P.) is a fundraiser that enables families to reduce their tuition by purchasing gift certificates from participating vendors. The savings are split 50% to tuition and 50% to the school. CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE TRIP DETAILS AND TRIP FORM
- Box Tops for Education (all year long) BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION 2017 – 2018
- GoodSearch engine (all year long): When surfing the web use the the GoodSearch – St Edward School – Chicago toolbar at http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/st-edward-school-chicago and earn $ for St. Edward.
- Big Red Auction. Largest school fundraiser.
Events that help raise funds for specific needs:
- Homecoming Dance (September) – Scholarship Fund
- Halloween Costume Sale (October) – Student Appreciation Day
- Cookie Walk/Santa’s Breakfast (December) – Teacher Appreciation Day
- Christmas Tree Sale (December) – Allocation changes yearly
- Trivia Night (January) – Eighth Grade Class
- Super Bowl Party (February) – Athletic Department
- Fund-A-Need (as needed) -Allocation changes yearly
- Flower Sale/Deals on Wheels (May) – Dominican Sisters
- Pop Tops (all year long) – Ronald McDonald House
- Advent and Lenten Mission Banks and Smencil Sales – Missionary Childhood Association
- Community Days (monthly) -Allocation changes yearly
- Sign up events (throughout the school year) – Allocation changes yearly